30 Jul 2011

Jammy Dodgers?

From her Poetry Jam grandstand view in seat number 47, The Bug has asked us to cogitate upon what life will look like from seat 67. To make this more difficult, she asks rhymers not to rhyme. 
So here's a little prose, instead... in 67 words!

Sixty seven? Twist that to seventy six. In six years that may be me...But I live in the now of not knowing, while showing scant interest in tomorrow. For  today is sufficient to do some of the things I should, plus many things which I simply choose to do. Did I imagine this simplicity would be possible when the path from forty seven stretched before me?

10 comments:

  1. - and so say all of us! Beautifully expressed, Pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you give me great hope for aging.
    Not only that, but you found some rhythms and rhymes within the prose (knowing, showing, tomorrow).
    I don't do every prompt on the Poetry Jam, but this one was especially challenging.

    Thanks, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's all very well, Jinksy . . but have you got the tee-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc, you think me up a good slogan for 70, and I'll decorate a T-shirt for myself ASAP... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! When we think of times before...we could never imagine patience and dreams fulfilled. But they are and they will be!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said! I remember when we didn't trust anyone over 40.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that's a great outlook. Applause! Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't applaud - just throw money, as my Bro used to say!! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well now I have something to look forward to. But will my tendency to dramatize EVERYTHING fade with age? Because if that's still around lord help us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity, Jinksy! My life is too complicated right now, so you give me hope! :)

    ReplyDelete