18 Aug 2021

Thoughts from a bookworm in a library...

 Oh library, great library
you make my heart beat faster;
you're full of words of wisdom
spread out for me to master.
With my precious ticket
waving in the air,
I can own a little bit
of every book in there...
My eyes eat words for breakfast,
chomp knowledge into chunks
of easy, bite sized pieces
when its time for lunch.
A volume here, a volume there
will fill my tum for tea
with recipes, or pictures,
as I gobble what I see
in my imagination...
and all of it is free! 
So I'm a happy bookworm.
Leave me to browse in peace
among this paper paradise! 
May its glory never cease.



4 comments:

  1. What a fun poem! I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness! This was a journey through time, seeing your comment today - in 2023! How time flies. lol :-)

      Delete
  2. My town had a real library once. Not a big one, but well on its way to being a good one. Then some people listened to rot about "libraries not being quiet places full of books any more." Then coronavirus happened, and now it's a big empty tomb-silent place full of mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sad state of affairs... Fingers crossed that it may take on a new lease of life, given time. :-)

    ReplyDelete