9 May 2011

Seasons Of The Heart

Young love blooms,
and blossomed branch bears
promises
of harvest.
Old love ripens and bears fruit
of a different kind.


Writer's Island has given us the word 'Seasons' as a prompt this week, but I've chosen to approach  the subject from a slightly different viewpoint...
And The Poetry Jam Bus has joined in a time related theme, by choosing the word 'Birthday'. 


Measuring
time is a game. But
"Your Birthday?"
That's the name
of the special day each year
which can instil fear!

Now today, Tuesday, there is a birthday of sorts over here:-
http://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/tuesday-collab-1/  as well as another season to read about! I did mention a day or two back that Elizabeth Crawford and I were exploring the possibilities of collaboration between poet/artist bloggers, and this link will explain further. I do hope you will take the time to visit and share your thoughts about her newborn Tuesday Collab #1....

13 comments:

  1. Fear? At my age, its an achievement to have reached another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, glad I came. Love these two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the love exchanged in those hands. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Peter - regarding your second verse. I woke up again this morning. Cool.
    I love the old hands - they tell the story of your beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fear here either - just mild surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo of the loving hands is touching. Your poem is beautiful.

    I suffer from fear of birthday parties. I just ignore my own birthdays and still feel 23 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely. Love the first one the best :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate my birthdays as a rule, every one that passes just emphasises how little I've achieved.. but then i have glass half empty tendencies. Nice job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A smile helps to keep us young, grand post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your poems! I don't fear birthdays either, as I prefer them to the alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First poem definitely the best Jinksy! Yet, bravo for both!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do birthdays instil fear? I'm just glad I get around to another one.

    ReplyDelete